E13: Running Your Local Business During Covid-19
Covid-19 has us doing things we never planned this week that can leave us feeling overwhelmed.
We’re looking at what is happening over the next several weeks and what that means to us as individual Americans, humans, and local business owners, along with the impact we’ll have on our small or large audiences. We are also thinking about the right things to say at this time.
After much contemplation, I wanted to share what is in my heart and what matters most to me in these uncertain times to give you comfort and direction as a local business owner. I’ve got lots of great resources for you in this show so you can sustain as much as possible, your kindness, impact and empathy on your community during uncertain times. Helping each other is so important.
In episode 13 of Small Stage, Big Impact we discuss:
- [6:20] How to handle your upcoming scheduled events
- [7:11] Variables to consider and questions to ask in regard to your scheduled events so you don’t waste time and money
- [10:08] How to migrate workers to remote work wherever possible
- [12:20] Reducing risk for employees that have to go out into the field
- [13:24] Supporting your team on how to work from home so they can be productive and manage distractions
- [14:30] Three things to implement if you’re working from home for the first time
- [18:54] What you can do to manage your kids being home from school while trying to get your work done
- [22:02] Ideas for how to pay your employees during this time
- [24:05] What you should know when considering taking your business online
Resources mentioned by Renia in the episode:
- Resources for Micro Businesses
- Leave a review on iTunes
- Follow LoreniaC on Instagram
- Don’t miss an episode of season 4 of Small Stage, Big Impact
Sometimes our show notes contain affiliate links. We only recommend books, products, or services we feel great about and believe will support you in your work. These small commissions help pay for the production of our show each week. We do not accept show sponsorships or host guests in exchange for compensation of any kind. Thank you for supporting us by using our links to purchase when we’ve recommended something that piques your interest.
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Help Us Spread the Message to Others
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help spread the word and mean the world to me.
Small Stage, Big Impact is hosted by Renia Carsillo (that’s me!). I am hardcore passionate and committed to bringing the systems and strategies that give big brands an unfair advantage to local businesses. For that reason, I created the Local Rock Star Intensive, where I help local business owners use their small stage to have a BIG impact. Thank you for being here and reading this far!