E30: Creativity, Part 1: How to Set Up for Any Project So You Can’t Fail
Which creative idea would you pursue if you knew you couldn’t fail?
Today we kick off the third and final section of our Summer Strategy Sessions: Creativity. And what does every creative need to achieve their goals?
A strategic plan.
I know that sounds counterintuitive, but hear me out. Done correctly, a strategic plan isn’t the restrictive dream-killer you’re probably imagining. Done right, a strategic plan is a flexible, evolving companion on your journey to the life you want.
This episode is a fast and furious overview of flexible strategic planning. I’ll introduce you to four essential elements you need to implement to set yourself up for success:
- Rethink the way you set up your SMART goals by focusing on process, not outcome.
- Use the Trinity Principle to mitigate risks in marketing.
- Be willing to realign your goals when things change.
- Remember the Bouncy Floor rule and its five keys we discussed in Episode 29.
And one more thing:
I want to hear from you.
Now that we’re in the last few weeks of the Summer Strategy Sessions, let me know how it’s going for you. Has anything really stuck with you or helped to realign your business in this strange new world we find ourselves in?
Send me an email, or leave a review on whichever platform you’re using to listen to this podcast. I’m looking forward to hearing from you!
In episode 30 of Small Stage, Big Impact we discuss:
- [4:05] The major challenge every strategic plan faces and how to overcome it
- [5:57] The importance of rethinking your SMART goals by focusing on process, not outcome
- [12:00] How the Trinity Principle helps to mitigate risks in marketing while allowing for creativity
- [16:28] Why you should follow what lights you up and realign your goals as needed
- [20:13] The importance of remembering the bouncy floor rule and its five keys from Episode 29
Resources mentioned by Renia in the episode:
- Discover what SCRUM is and if it might be helpful for your business
- Read about The Desire Map by Danielle Laporte
- Sign up for our Summer Strategy Workshop to download your worksheet
- Listen to Episode 29 to review The Bouncy Floor Rule and the 5 Keys
- Leave a review on iTunes
- Follow LoreniaC on Instagram
- Don’t miss an episode of season 4 of Small Stage, Big Impact
Sometimes our show notes contain affiliate links. We only recommend books, products, or services we feel great about and believe will support you in your work. These small commissions help pay for the production of our show each week. We do not accept show sponsorships or host guests in exchange for compensation of any kind. Thank you for supporting us by using our links to purchase when we’ve recommended something that piques your interest.
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Help Us Spread the Message to Others
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help spread the word and mean the world to me.
Small Stage, Big Impact is hosted by Renia Carsillo (that’s me!). I am hardcore passionate and committed to bringing the systems and strategies that give big brands an unfair advantage to local businesses. For that reason, I created the Local Rock Star Intensive, where I help local business owners use their small stage to have a BIG impact. Thank you for being here and reading this far!