E52: Why Less is Better in Your Digital Strategy: The Trinity Principle Explained
What if I told you it was possible to have fun with your digital strategy and not feel overwhelmed by it?
In today’s episode of Small Stage, Big Impact, we’ll discuss the Trinity Principle. This strategy
- takes the overwhelm out of digital marketing,
- gives you back control over where and how you engage your audience, and
- leads to better marketing outcomes.
For those who’ve been following along for a while, you’ve heard me speak about the Trinity Principle before. But it can be a difficult perspective shift, especially for those of us who’ve listened to all the gurus telling us to be everywhere and everything for everybody on social media. Or we’ve taken some coaches’ advice and sunk everything we have into a single platform, taking a big risk in hopes of a big payoff.
The Trinity Principle is an approach to digital marketing that doesn’t leave you exhausted or require you to take unnecessary risks with your business. You get to do less but do it better. You get to have more control, more time, and more connection with your audience. And you get a higher return on your investment.
So what is the Trinity Principle? It is simply this:
You only need three platforms – executed well- to get all of the leads and sales your business needs to prosper.
Yes, you read that right. Three.
I can almost hear the “But what about…” on the tip of your tongue. That’s why I decided to dive deeper into the Trinity Principle in today’s episode.
First, I’ll explain why the Trinity Principle is so important for values-driven marketers. We do a disservice to our audience and ourselves when we spread ourselves too thin. The Trinity Principle lets us engage our audiences with integrity.
Then I’ll give you some pointers on choosing those three platforms. As an SEO nerd, I’ve got a pretty strong opinion about what your first two should be. (I’ve also got the data to back it up!). But the third platform is where you have room to play, and we can help you figure out what’s best for you.
I’ll also talk about why focusing on only one platform is not a wise risk to take. The Trinity Principle helps you to mitigate risk while also giving space for courage and creativity to grow your business.
If you haven’t done so yet, please download our Evaluate Your Business Worksheet. It can help you decide the best place for you to be in the digital space.
Are you ready to take a step back, take a deep breath, and then achieve more than you ever thought possible?
Listen to episode 52 now!
In episode 52 of Small Stage, Big Impact we discuss:
- [2:58] What the Trinity Principle is and why some marketers find it difficult to use
- [5:43] How values-driven marketing relates to the Trinity Principle
- [11:08] What trips up traditional marketers when they try to use social media
- [14:23] Why you should consider an email list as one of your three platforms
- [16:23] The problem with focusing on one single platform for all of your marketing needs
- [20:24] Why you should consider Search Engine Marketing as one of your three platforms
- [25:44] The different options available for your third platform
- [30:06] How to know which platform to choose for your third platform
- [38:02] The three platforms Genevieve Digital uses and why we chose them
Resources mentioned by Renia in the episode:
- Download this checklist to evaluate your business.
- Leave a review on iTunes.
- Connect with Renia on LinkedIn
- Email Renia with questions or feedback.
- Don’t miss an episode of season 5 of Small Stage, Big Impact.
Sometimes our show notes contain affiliate links. We only recommend books, products, or services we feel great about and believe will support you in your work. These small commissions help pay for the production of our show each week. We do not accept show sponsorships or host guests in exchange for compensation of any kind. Thank you for supporting us by using our links to purchase when we’ve recommended something that piques your interest.
Share your thoughts… I’d love to hear from you!
Help Us Spread the Message to Others
Did you love this podcast? Leave an honest review over on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews help spread the word and mean the world to me.
Small Stage, Big Impact is hosted by Renia Carsillo (that’s me!). I am hardcore passionate and committed to bringing the systems and strategies that give big brands an unfair advantage to local businesses. For that reason, I created the Local Rock Star Intensive, where I help local business owners use their small stage to have a BIG impact. Thank you for being here and reading this far!
Also Available on YouTube with Custom Captions for Non-Hearing